HTML5 is a significant improvement on the HTML standard that drives a lot of the web. It allows you to:
- Describe the content better, thanks to semantic elements
- Have more options in presentation like improved 2D and 3D effects
- Support video and audio playback without third party plug-ins
- Play with a number of layout and styling options, thanks to CSS3 and jQuery
- Store data both on the device and server to improve performance
- Use the same codebase to develop device independent websites and apps
The HTML5 standard is supported by all the latest versions of the dominant desktop and mobile browsers.